Countering the Most Expensive Drugs in America
In November of a year ago, on-screen character Pamela Anderson reported that she was cured of Hepatitis-C (HCV) by taking after a FDA-endorsed prescription regimen. As per People Magazine, she had lived with the ailment for a long time and had been told she just had an additional 10 years left to live. In light of her treatment, she posted on Instagram, “I am CURED!!!” She utilized various hashtags, including #nomorehepc #dontlosehope #itworkedforme #thereisacure and kept in touch with, “I ask anybody living with HCV can qualify or bear the cost of treatment.”
What is HCV?
HCV is an infectious malady spread by a blood borne infection that is known to bring about serious liver harm and even demise. For a few, HCV is a transient ailment, yet for 70 to 85 percent of those tainted with the infection, it turns into a long haul, perpetual sickness. Truth be told, more patients in the U.S. require liver transplants because of HCV than some other illness. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an expected 3.9 million individuals in the United States have unending HCV. Perpetual HCV can bring about long haul medical issues, and an expected one in five individuals pass on from wellbeing entanglements brought about by the infection every year.
The Highest Death Rate Among Infectious Diseases
A CDC official statement on May 4, 2016, expressed that HCV slaughters a larger number of Americans than some other irresistible illness, including AIDS or HIV. 75 percent of those tainted with HCV don’t show any outward indications of the sickness, which places them at genuine hazard for liver illness, disease, and death rates. The CDC suggests every individual in the U.S. be tested for HCV to increase Hep C Awareness and ensure the number of people needing cure for Hepatitis C.
There is a Cure!
Luckily, there is a cure for HCV. Not at all like a portion of the prescriptions from the past, there are new, exceedingly successful medicines that can cure most by far of HCV diseases in three to six months. The most surely understood of these medications are Harvoni and Sovaldi. Others incorporate Olysio, Viekira Pak, Daklinza, Rebetol and Pegintron. Large portions of these medications comprise of day by day pills that are both non-harmful and brag no less than a 90 percent cure rate—an incredible change over the 50 percent cure rate of more seasoned, moderate acting and lethal medications.
Absence of Accessibility-One of the Most Expensive Drugs in America
Sadly, while these medicines are accessible, the cost can be to a great degree high. An article titled ” This is a standout amongst the most costly medications in America”. Five of the most costly medications in America today are for HCV, with Harvoni and Sovaldi taking the main two spots. Solvadi, can cost upwards of $84,000 for an eighty-four day regimen, while Harvoni can cost $94,500 or more. Indeed, even with rebates, the cost of these medicines is restrictive for generally patients. In the article “How to Pay for Costly HCV Drugs” by Madeline R. Vann, which was distributed as of late on www.everydayhealth.com, private and government-supported medical coverage arranges recoil from covering these new expensive prescriptions.
Medicinal Travel for Hepatitis C Provides an Alternative
There is another approach to access a standout amongst the most costly medications in America. In September 2014, Gilead, the maker of Sovaldi and Harvoni, went into a permitting and innovation move assention in which it conceded a few organizations in India the rights to produce generic Sovaldi and Harvoni. As of now, generic verisons of medicines for HCV, are presently accessible in India. Also, the cost of these generic drugs is generally $900 — $1,250 for the prescribed eight-four day regimen, when compared with $84,000 – $94,500 for the branded medicines in the U.S.
The goal of Surcation.com is to assist as many Americans as possible to be free of Hep C without insurance delays and excuses. The medical trip including medication and RT airfare is still a savings of over 90% from the prescriptive price in the United States.
We have put together is a complete turnkey package that will give everyone in need the ability to travel to India and receive their health changing medication. The trip is 7 days and all-inclusive except for lunch and dinner meals.
The package includes the following:
- A round trip flight from the USA, Canada, or Latin American countries to Mumbai, India from their nearest international airport. (If the traveler requires an additional flight to an international airport that fee will be added). Travelers will be required to obtain their own passports and Indian Tourist Visa in advance of purchasing their airline tickets. We can assist in this process.
- Personal pick-up at the airport and transportation to their executive suite hotel.
- Pre-set medical appointments with a Doctor of Hepatology be arranged and their transportation to and from the hotel with a personal guide is included.
- The doctors fee and blood work are all included. An MRI will be included if needed.
- The 84-day supply of either Sofosbuvir+Ledipasvir or Sofosbuvir+Daclatasvir as required for the patient’s genotype of HEP C is included and given to the patient after the physician’s examination. They will also receive a prescription from the Doctor.
- They will be driven back to their hotel until their return flight at which transportation is provided.
- A personalized itinerary will be presented to each client including items they may wish to bring with them. They may have the extra time to explore Mumbai India and enjoy the genuine hospitality of the Indian people. We refer to this as a “Medical Adventure” because India is a place that you have to experience to believe. The food is amazing, traffic is unbelievable and the sights and sounds will be memorable for a lifetime. If wanted, we will arrange for the clients can get a chauffeured automobile for an 8-hour day costing around $20.00.
- A full buffet breakfast will be included for each day while at the hotel. Additional meals will the responsibility of the traveler. The hotel offers 24-hour room service. The concierge service is similar to that found in 5 star hotels in the USA. The hotels attention to detail and the multitude of extras, daily newspapers, all bathroom supplies, blow-dryer, iron, and refrigerator will make the guests not want to leave. Laundry service is also available at a very low cost. The rooms are also equipped with large flat screen TV’s and cable service.
A lot of time and consideration went into finding the right medical facility and doctors. The best accommodations we could find and the transportation guides to make the clients feel extremely secure.
The price for the whole package is as follows,
$5,200 for one person.
$6,400 to include a companion.
We will also offer financing assistance if needed.
Our goal is to make this “Medical Adventure” as seamless and affordable as possible.
We welcome any additional suggestions you might have.
Also, we will encourage all of the clients to participate with the Imperial Medical College in London to achieve the needed information for assurance of their generic program.