All About HCV Virus
The fact that one is infected with Hepatitis C (HCV) need not always mean that one can be afflicted with a liver disease. It takes many years, sometimes, even decades for Hepatitis C to bring about life-threatening diseases of the liver.
Once HCV enters a human body, it infects the cells named hepatocytes in the liver. A very small fraction of people (about 25%) really experiences any symptom of infection that includes fatigue, reduction in appetite, nausea, jaundice (yellowing of skin and eyes). Nevertheless, it is seen that most infected do have an increase in liver enzymes – like alanine aminotransferase (ALT) which is detected by a simple blood test. An increased ALT level indicates the damage of some liver cells by HCV.
Of the lot who are infected with HCV, 15-20% are able to clear the virus from their bodies within six months; infants and young women have been seen to do this spontaneously. But, the majority who are infected become chronic (infection stays in them for life) unless treated.Among the chronic patients, 15% have normal liver enzymes, even though HCV is detected in their liver and blood.
Hepatitis C Prevention
- Despite all the medical advancements, there still is no vaccine for Hepatitis C. There are, however, steps that one can take to prevent transmission or to protect oneself and others from being infected.
- Stop usage of drug usage via injections so that the primary method of transmission can be curtailed. If you still continue to inject yourself, use sterile and new unused syringes every single time.
- Do not share non-injecting drug equipments like straws, pipes etc.
Do not share personal care items like razors and toothbrushes of a person who has the infection.
- If you wish to get a tattoo or do body piercing, ensure that you do it from a reputable person who maintains the highest standards of hygiene and safety.
- Practise safe sex and insist on the usage of a condom always.
- If you have the infection and have a cut or a wound, please ensure to keep it covered all the time so that infection does not spread.
Destination Surcation : The Ultimate choice for Hepatitis C Medical Tours
Wondering how you go about it? Well, you have already taken the first step that is visit our website. Now all you do is contact us and let us know you know the treatment that you want and the destination you wish to go. We will get back to you with the approximate cost of treatment and surgery, choice of doctors and hospitals, estimated duration of stay, logistical information including accommodation and ground transportation and flight details. If visa is required, we will give you a letter of recommendation for medical visa. For a little extra we will even make bookings for your spouse. We even offer financial help to fund your medical tour.
Once you reach the destination country, you are met up by one of our case executives who takes care of all your needs and acts as your guide when it comes to language, accommodation and arranging aftercare. We also offer a chaffered tour of the city for an added cost.